Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is powder foundation bad for my skin?

I have mild acne and I wanted to use just a thin layer of foundation on it.





But I've heard that it clogged pores and I've also heard that it acts as a protector against UV rays from the sun.





Based on personal experience, which one is better?





Oh ya, I also want to even out my skin tone and to not have that ';shine'; on my face.





As of now, I don't use it. But I hate going underneath the sun, because it accentuates my skin flaws.Is powder foundation bad for my skin?
powder is bad for all, as it contains talc, a byproduct obtained from lime. while powder is applied, d tiny smooth talc particles closes d skin /sweat pores, and blocks perspiration, which isnt tht good for the skin. but almost every body uses talc in oneform or the other as talcum powder or as compact powder. so d conoslation is tht no one dies just coz of tht, so girl u can use it.power gives a matt effect wherea a liquid foundation or even a dab on mousse/roll onz(like the ones tht comes like lipsticks u can twist n use) wud create a shiny oily effect after some hours, or u can use matte foundation over which u can dab a thin layer of compactIs powder foundation bad for my skin?
There are talc free brands. my skin is actually healthier with mineral makeup than with liquid foundation.


Try checking out everydayminerals.com





also, using milk of magnesia on ur face helps control oil, works great as a makeup primer, and won't break you out. Just apply a thin layer; it won't make you look chalky. You can find it in the laxative/antacid section of the drugstore and its cheap. I use cherry scented kind. My skin is so oily, and it's helped more than anything.
I hear that Bare Minerals is all natural and it won't clog your pores and it hides basically everything on your face, it's dermatologist reccomended, I've used it, and it works great..





Although it's kind of expensive :/





I hope you find one good though :D
All make up products have chemicals that may be the cause of skin problems, including foundations. Try using those mineral foundations, I heard they have less chemicals and uses natural minerals instead.
it depends what kind of foundation you use.it can be bad because it can contain unnatural ingredients.try bare minerals foundation or my fav clinque
mineral powder foundation doesn't clog pores and covers pretty good.
no it isnt but maybe look into the Luminous Air Airbrush kit it hide everything! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment